Monday, October 1, 2012

Crockpot Obsessed

Helloooooooooo October!!

Can I just say how much I LOVE October?? It seems to be the official kickoff to the holiday season!! First comes Halloween, then Thanksgiving, and then Christmas!! Love Christmas. Seriously. L.O.V.E.

October also marks the beginning of PUMPKIN recipes!!! Love baking pumpkin ANYTHING. Bread. Pie. Bars. Crunch. I'll try pumpkin anything. Gotta admit.... I just wiped drool from my face! :-P

So I'm completely obsessed with my crockpot now. Best kitchen invention ever. Minus the KitchenAid mixer. Whoever invented these things are geniuses!!! Made two crockpot meals within the past few days and I'll definitely be making them again.



First were these ranch pork chops. Delish. And only used 3 ingredients. No need to prep anything. Just mix and press a button!! Easy peasy. There looked like there was extra sauce, so I even threw in a couple of chicken breasts I had in the fridge, and those worked just fine too. Might want to butterfly them next time thought since it was a little dry in the middle. Minor though. Hubby loved this too!



Next were these pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches. A little more complicated than my first meal, but STILL super easy. Put the chicken in some sweet bread rolls and you've got a winner!!

I wish I was creative enough and had the time to make my own recipes, but those will come with time I guess... something I don't really have much of nowadays. Little dude turned 6 months last week! (Height and head circumference is in the 75th percentile and his weight is in the 5th.) Had 4 shots on Saturday... my poor guy! But took them like a trooper. Cried while getting them, but after I picked him up, he was all better. :) He's definitely proving to be a mama's boy! Lucky me..... :)

So excited for the holidays... Noah's first time for all this!! He's already been introduced to Christmas music... my iPod's been rocking it for at least a month already! Can't wait for it all. Seriously so excited! :)

1 comment:

  1. Definitely going to try that pork chop recipe!! I love pork chops of any kind :)

    So excited for Noah's first Christmas!! What is Noah going to be for Halloween? Malia is going to be a butterfly, but haven't decided on Ryan yet. Will have to go to costco and see what kind of costumes they have :)

    ReplyDelete